Friday, December 28, 2007

PUB CRAWL: Stirling


Have I a pub for you. No. 2 Baker Street in the heart of Stirling is one of my favorite pubs. Click on the picture to see the rating it gets from Carling Beer. You'll love it. Janis and I would go for a bowl of soup and a pint and not spend over 5 pounds. The crowd is very pleasant and on Sunday, the old ladies will sit comfortably near the windows chatting about their morning services or whatever they would chat about. Men would sit at tables and read their newspapers. Others would watch the telly.

My mother was afraid to go in when she was there, as there were people outside. Smokers and maybe drunks but I never had a problem in that pub. You might get a strange look, but keep your mouth shut and you soon blend in. I would meet the other PhDs there for a pint and sometimes I would be the only male at our table. The old duffers would give me a look over as to why I was so "gifted".

It's a family pub and worth a stop. They have live music some nights and quiz nights on others. Go, enjoy and have a pint on me.

1 comment:

Melissa Thomas said...

My mom and I had a fantastic couple of nights going to this pub while visiting Stirling. The traditional Scottish music on Wednesday was great! And so were the men buying the drinks ;) But it was truly a great time for a couple of ladies from America. I'd recommend it.

Add to My Yahoo!
www.executivegiftshoppe.com

Music for your soul

Photos from scottish4ever1

Surveillance-Video - Home Video Security System